August 3, 2009

An Interesting Day

Sometime today, God willing, I will become a Great-Aunt! My niece, Sara, is in labor and may have even had the baby by now, although I haven't gotten "the phone call" yet. It's been hard to concentrate on anything else since she went into labor early this morning, so to pass the time, I've been doing a little net-surfing and checking out some other blogs.


My dear friend, AirmanMom, suggested I look at a blog called Ward57, which stands for the orthopedic ward at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC. The blog is written by the wife of a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force who was serving in Afghanistan and lost his leg when he stepped on a land mine. He also shattered his other leg and suffered additional injuries. Her blog tells the incredible story of this young man's courage during his long recovery and of how much their lives have changed. I found it very touching and inspirational. I invite all of you to visit this blog by simply clicking on the link under "My Blogs" along the right column here. Please pray for this brave young man and his wonderful and supportive wife. They can use all the help they can get!

1 comment:

  1. I'm playing catch-up on my blog reading...congrats on the newest member of your family!
    Ward 57 is an amazing journey, one I am so thankful I have happened upon. Thank you for choosing to pass it along, as well.
    Hopefully, our schedules work a girl's day in soon!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete