July 31, 2009

Music! Music! Music!

As you know from reading this blog, music is a huge part of my life. I sing in a Sweet Adelines women's barbershop harmony chorus and am also part of a quartet. A friend sent me a YouTube video of a championship men's barbershop chorus that blew my socks off! First of all, they have over 100 members onstage at the national competition. Our chorus is lucky if we can get 30 on the risers for our competition! Second, these men give an absolutely incredible performance of "76 Trombones", including singing, dancing, and a few little tricks, too.

If you think barbershop harmony is a few old guys getting together and singing old, tired songs, do yourself a favor and click on the picture of the "Ambassadors of Harmony" over in the right column. Be sure that your sound is turned up and watch it all the way through. You won't be disappointed, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. What a dynamic group of gentlemen!!! Thanks for sharing this video!!!
    Really enjoyed your playlist!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I started it because I heard "He's My Son" on your AM playlist and it just struck such a place in my heart. Thanks for getting me started and for all of your support!

    ReplyDelete