October 3, 2009

What a Day!

Wow! I'm still flying high as a kite and it's almost 10:00 pm! No, I haven't been drinking and I haven't taken any drugs...not even a Tylenol! I'm high on life because today was our chorus annual show and it was GREAT! I was the Co-Chair for the show for the 5th or 6th time...I've lost track. I think this was one of the best ones ever! We sounded good, we were full of energy, we didn't have any major problems or goofs. Everyone had fun, and that's the most important part of all!

What is it about singing that makes me feel so good? I'm told studies have shown that when you sing, endorphines are released in your brain and you do get a sort of high. I believe it! There's something about getting together with friends and sharing the joy of singing that lifts me out of the deepest doldrums and makes me feel like I'm floating on air! The sound of harmony, especially when we "ring" a chord, gives me goosebumps and makes me feel giddy. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder with my friends, or linking arms or holding hands as we sing in a circle...it's hard to describe how good it makes me feel.

I'm so glad that I joined Sweet Adelines nine years ago, but I'm especially glad that I joined the Heart of Maryland Chorus. This wonderful group...these "sisters in song"...bring such joy to my life! It's a wonderful feeling and I hope it lasts for a long, long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment